WARRANTY, RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
IQU Group Pty. Ltd provides this warranty, return, and refund policy in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. We are delighted that you have purchased a new product from our Retailer or Partner, and we hope you enjoy using it. The customer service team at IQU will be happy to answer or assist with any questions or concerns that you may have. Please read all Terms and Conditions of our Warranty detail for all Customers.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A WARRANTY SERVICE
- The Customer must keep their original invoice of purchase or receipt and present this when making any warranty claim. Failure to do so will render the warranty void.
- The warranty is limited to the original Customer only and is not transferable to any subsequent owners.
- The warranty is conditional upon the presentation of the Retailer’s purchase invoice.
- The warranty claim must be approved by IQU and/or Partner Retailer at their discretion before any repairs are done.
- The Customer agrees and is aware that the product must be repaired solely by IQU or an approved Retailer. Any repair that will be carried out by third-party services will cancel the warranty unless authorised.
IQU provides the following warranty period and services:
- 1 year of warranty from the date of purchase for the frame of any electric scooter model from IQU
- 1 year of warranty from the date of purchase for the motor, battery, main body, and controller of any electric scooter model from IQU
- Repair within 30 days is covered under IQU’s warranty. Repair fees apply after 30 days of purchase except for the frame, motor, and battery.
LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY
IQU provides the following warranty period and services:
- IQU’s warranty does not cover: Repair and replacement of tires and inner tubes, throttle unless part of the display, the brake lever, brake discs and plate, these are considered consumable, and longevity is in accordance with its usage.
- Conditions, malfunctions, or damages caused by or as a result of:
- the Customer’s incorrect usage, maintenance, or adjustment.
- the time the Customer is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other mind-altering influences.
- water damage. The electric scooters are not waterproof.
- the Customer self-modifying, decomposing, or destroying the parts without prior authority from IQU.
- the use of non-original parts or unauthorised circuit and configuration change.
- The use of components or parts not supplied by IQU.
- Fractures or raptures of loss of plastic parts inclusive of the choke, charging port, handlebar switches, and plastic flaps.
- Any utilisation intended for commercial needs, rentals, competitions, and freights towing.
- Conditions, malfunctions, or damages caused to the battery by external shorts, inclusive of the charging system.
- Conditions, malfunctions, or damages to the product or battery that has been left uncharged for more than 15 consecutive days.
- It must be stored fully charged and recharged fortnightly. Otherwise, it may not be able to take charge.
- Bending of the aluminium parts, inclusive of the fork and the folding mechanism due to unreasonable use (e.g. exerting power on the handlebars, bumping into barriers or obstacles including walls or sidewalks).
- Misuse of the product will void the warranty.
- If the product has been repaired or replaced by the Retailer, Seller or Manufacturer, the repaired or replaced product will be covered by this warranty for the remainder of the warranty period or as long as a limited additional warranty period has been provided, on the same terms and conditions.
- The warranty and liability of the Seller and Retailer are limited in any case to repairing and/or replacing the product under the guidelines detailed in this warranty. Under no circumstances will the Seller or Retailer be obliged to provide compensation for bodily injuries, property damages, losses, hindrance of profits, prevention of use, or any other damage that will be caused directly or indirectly as a result of usage of the product.
- Speed limits, power, and use of the product is the responsibility of the Customer. The Customer is solely responsible for ascertaining and adhering to all local laws regulating the use of the product.
IQU provides the following warranty period and services:
- The battery warranty is provided for the warranty period according to an expected annual deterioration rate of 25%. Replacement batteries can be purchased.
- The Customer acknowledges that they are aware that the battery capacity may reduce to 80-95% within or after one year and 55-80% within or after two years, depending on usage, care, & maintenance.
- In case of a substantial deviation from this deterioration rate over time, IQU will repair or replace the battery’s core, provided that the battery was used according to all the terms and conditions specified in the warranty, and certifying that the battery was not exposed to a non-genuine controller.
- When depositing a battery for inspection, the handling time is up to 40 days. No alternative battery is provided while the battery is deposited, even within the warranty period.
Factors that Accelerate Battery Deterioration
- Overloading. The electric scooter is limited to one rider only. Please check scooter specification for information on maximum load.
- Moisture or humidity conditions. This includes staying close to the sea over time and other conditions that will cause damage to the battery and electrical system.
- High-temperature conditions. This includes locking the battery in a car under excessive temperature conditions, direct exposure to or prolonged contact or near contact with heat emitting devices/appliances.
- Storing the battery without charging or discharging for more than 15 days. It is highly recommended to charge the battery after every use. There is no need to discharge the battery before charging. It is recommended to wait for 30 minutes after using the product before charging the battery.
Instructions on Safe Battery Use and Charging
- The Customer should ensure product maintenance to avoid any deterioration to the electric system resulting in excess battery drainage. Product maintenance by the Customer includes checking on the product’s:
- Air pressure
- Wheel alignment and balancing
- Braking system
- There is no need to discharge the battery before charging it.
- It is recommended to connect the charger to the electrical grid through an electric current stabiliser or a lightning protection product. Otherwise, it is recommended to disconnect the charger from the wall socket after every use. Damage inflicted to the charger due to current fluctuations in the electrical grid is not covered in the warranty.
- The charger must be placed on non-flammable surfaces at a safe distance from flammable materials such as a mattress, rug, curtain, carpet, etc. and from flammable liquids such as any kind of alcohol, petrol, etc.
- Charging the battery must be carried out under supervision in a ventilated location, such as a terrace. It is forbidden to charge the battery in bedrooms or in any tightly closed room/location.
- It is forbidden to store batteries under high-temperature conditions, and it is prohibited to leave a battery within a parked car under the sun.
- In the event of strange smells and odours, unusual noises, shorts, the flickering of the indicator light, or exposure to moisture, it is forbidden to use the charger. It is mandatory to send the product immediately to IQU or the Retailer to examine and/or replace the battery and/or charger.
- When not in use, it is mandatory to charge or discharge the battery at least once every two weeks. A battery that does not undergo a charge or discharge process regularly deteriorates rapidly and gains damage within a few months.
- Discharge the battery by running it from full to one bar and then stopping use and placing the battery on charge until FULL or at least 4 hours on a consistent charge.
- It is forbidden to use a third-party or non-genuine charger, which has not undergone IQU’s approval process. Use of a third-party or non-genuine charger will result in the warranty being void.
- Using a charger that does not suit the battery may result in a large fire or disaster.
- In the event of a burning battery, the fire must be subdued using sand. It is forbidden to extinguish a burning battery with water.
- No warranty is provided for damage inflicted on the charger.
- In the event of damage inflicted during the warranty period, a deductible will be applied to the price.
REFUND AND RETURN POLICY
- Gift cards are not redeemable for cash. Product returns will be eligible provided that:
- The Customer returns the product within 30 days from purchase.
- The Customer presents an order number or proof of purchase.
- The product is still in its original packaging and condition complete with all accessories.
- If the product is unused and the package is unopened, the Customer is subject to a 30% restocking fee and shipping fees.
- If the product is used or the package is opened, the Customer is subject to shipping fees and a rental fee of $70 per week starting from the receive date as confirmed by the courier until the date that the issue was reported, or a 30% restocking fee, whichever is higher.
- The product cannot be returned if:
- The product was personalized or made to the Customer’s specifications.
- The nature of the product is not suitable to be returned.
- The product is not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and was unsealed after delivery.
- The product, according to its nature, has been mixed with other items after delivery. Returns after 30 days from purchase will fall under the refund requests.
- As per the Australian Consumer Law, the Seller has the right to refuse refund requests due to minor issues. The seller may offer repair or replacement instead.
- Change-of-mind returns after 30 days can be declined by the Seller.
- Refund requests due to major issues can be accepted provided conditions of returns above were satisfied.
- IQU reserves the right and discretion to refuse returns of any product that does not meet the conditions above. This may result in a repair, replacement, or exchange being refused.
- The Customer agrees to the policies regarding the refund and return of the product as well as covering the required fees including shipping.
CONFIRMING AND ACCEPTING TERMS AND CONDITION
- By purchasing the product, the Customer expressly states and agrees as follows:
- I hereby agree to use the product following the manufacturer’s instructions and all local laws in Australia.
- I am aware that the use of this product requires protective accessories, inclusive of a helmet, knee protectors, elbow protectors, riding gloves and suitable garments.
- I hereby indemnify and hold harmless IQU, the Retailer, Manufacturer and every distributor on its behalf for any expense, liability, finance charge or loss incurred due to complaints, demands, or claims that are filed against them or threatened to be filed against them by a third party owing to any damage or injury that is caused by using the product in a manner that exceeds the speed limit or does not follow local laws in Australia.
- I am aware that the product’s speed and travel range are affected by the rider’s weight, the wind, wheel air pressure, and the product’s battery charge status. These can vary due to each of the aforementioned factors and therefore affect the final travel range.
- Tampering with the device or changing pre-set speeds will void all warranty and may affect the safety of the device and increase the risk of injury.
By Purchasing this product, the Customer hereby agrees to use this product with the utmost caution and following the Australian Consumer Law and relevant city or council laws.
- By Purchasing this product, the Customer agrees that he or she understands the relevant road rules, logistics, and legalities involved with riding an electric kick scooter on public roads, pathways, and parkways in their respective cities and councils.
- By Purchasing this Product, the Customer agrees that he or she has read and understood the terms and conditions of the warranty, and return and refund policy as well as the manufacturer’s instructions attached, and in this regard, acknowledges and agrees as follows.
- The Customer agrees to use the product on private property only except for states where electric scooters are legal to use within the current regulations, such as Queensland. The Customer agrees to keep up to date with their relevant council and city laws and regulations and follow them respectively.